College Night

On Wednesday, October 18th, Spotsylvania Towne Center held its annual college night. The event was held from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Multiple Universities/Colleges from all over country set up tables inside of the Spotsylvania Towne Center.Virginia Tech, Bridgewater, The University of Alabama, were just a few institutions that attended this event. Students were able to go up to the representative booths and get information about each institution. Dakari Rollins, a host at the Lifepoint College table, mentioned, “[College night is] an amazing opportunity for students to meet other students as well as people who are at the college on a daily basis.”
College night is targeted at juniors and seniors in high school, but everyone is invited to find their future path. Potential college students are able to communicate with many different colleges to learn more about their programs, sports, and application process. Carrissa Bergeron, senior at Riverbend, stated, “The most helpful thing about college night is being able to talk to the different representatives from the colleges and getting any questions you may have answered.”
Some colleges gave students the opportunity to apply to the school that day, or gave them an application fee waiver. Through College Night, students are able to open their minds up to multiple paths. They may become interested in a college or university of which they were never aware. Senior, Naja Mulagha, said, “It’s a great way to learn more about the schools you are interested in and to see new schools.”
College night is a great event that allows students to learn about various institutions, learn about their athletic programs, and ask any questions that may help to understand the overall uniqueness of each school. This event is not something to miss out on.