Serve it Up

The Riverbend Varsity Baseball team and Softball team are both ready to start playing. Sophomore Hannah Delagrange said, “The softball team this year has a very strong bond which makes playing the game a lot easier and more fun! We have a terrific infield and outfield.” This year, Freshman Mallory Ratcillf has showed herself to be an outstanding pitcher; making varsity her first year playing high school softball. Coach Johnson said,” I have very high expectations for the girls this year.” He also says, “he thinks they are going to have a great year this year!”
William Conrad, a freshman on the RHS junior varsity baseball team, says that playing sports “isn’t going to be easy, but it will pay off.” One of his favorite quotes is by Ted Williams, a left fielder for the Boston Red Sox: “The hardest thing to do in baseball is to hit a round ball with a round bat, squarely.”
The Boys Baseball team started preparing for this upcoming season for weeks before try outs even began! Sophomore Anthony Correa said, “All the guys are so ready to be on the field, paying baseball!” Both teams are predicted to go very far this year and do great during the 2014 season. Don’t forget to come out and support your Riverbend Softball and Baseball teams!